Ahhh, another GenCon come and gone. This was a strange one. The best in some ways, and not so much in others.
The not-so-great stuff first:
1) Didn't get to see Kam, James, Elaine and many others with whom I've had a blast at GC in the past.
2) Very light on the swag this year. Very few booths were giving away anything and those that were didn't have anything worth the trouble.
3) The Con in general felt smaller. I think there were less vendors, they definitely brought less stuff, and I don't know...just smaller. I hope this isn't going to be a trend in the future.
4) Had one TERRIBLE DM for WotC's Dungeon Delve (a 45 minute fun meat-grinder adventure that you can play again and again).
The great stuff:
1) Got to see Jeff+Marisa+John, Erik, Jaleigh+Tim, Richard+Anne, Paul, Kuje, Harley, I'm sure I'm forgetting others.
2) Got to meet Jim Hines, Wolfgang Bauer, Brian Thomsen, and more.
3) Played in the Dungeon Delves (great except for the one mentioned above).
4) Played in two RPGA sessions (4-hour games with sustainable characters that are now playable anywhere in the world).
a. One really good DM for this.
b. One GREAT DM for this.
5) Bought a TON of great art. This was the big year for art purchases, though I hadn't intended it to be.
Things I feel bad for:
1) Missing the first lunch with Jaleigh
2) Missing final dinner with Erik
All in all, a good time. The highlight was the RPGA play (definitely doing this again) and lunch with Erik, Jaleigh+Tim, Jim Hines and Paul Kemp. I just can't express enough how great these people are. It was a truly great time.
That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.